Thursday, July 23, 2009

Grab a Tissue. This is important.

I encourage you to take a few minutes to meet the Skinner family. My sister recently told me of their story and after spending a few minutes on their website, I left with an overwhelming desire to help.

If you have a moment, please read their story and look through their photos, I know your heart will be touched. There is a blog entry written by their Mom that is not to be missed. Hopefully, you'll feel inspired to help and share their story anyway you can.

This is absolutely legitimate. My sister knows them personally as she lives in their ward. The Skinners have teamed up with C.O.T.A. (Childrens Organ Transplant Association) which is a charity to help raise funds on their family's behalf. That further validates my claim that this is real.

While we're on the subject of "An Important Cause" - I'd like to direct your attention to the Coleman family blog. We're privileged to call the Coleman's our friends. Their story will likewise inspire you to be a better parent, to feel an increase of gratitude for your own blessings and help put into perspective what really matters.

A donation fund is set in place for their son Jonas to help ease the burden of medical bills. A cure for SMA has to be found! I love this little boy Jonas to pieces and am in constant awe of the strength of his parents.

Hoping to follow my own advice, please give until it hurts and share their stories.

2 comments:

Ang said...

I love reading the Coleman's blog (found it from yours ;). They are truely inspiring.

Audra said...

Ian tells me to stop reading sad blogs because I cry my eyes out! Those poor babies! They are so sweet and strong, it breaks me heart that they are so sick. I am so grateful that Kate is healthy, I don't think I would be strong enough to handle such a hard trial!