Monday, October 4, 2010

Inventive? Inspired? Or just plain bored.

Guess who else is nesting?

Eliza was disappointed when I told her we wouldn't be buying the baby a new mobile for her crib. Volunteering to replace the one we have with something new, she quietly assembled and designed a mobile of her own while I watched general conference yesterday. (That's a unicorn you see in the above photo).

Baby doll was lucky enough to try it out first.
Unaware of her creation, I was tickled to find her doll napping in such thoughtful accommodations. Sadly, I had to disassemble her crib when it came time to rebuild the couch. The mobile, however, remains.The idea for "project guitar" must have been inspired by my refusal to let her play Andrew's guitar yesterday. Please note the green guitar pick in her hand as she strums the crayon inspired strings. Perhaps I ought to have been more involved so that I could have provided her with better materials to work with, but hey - she was content and we were impressed.
Rock on, Eliza!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Inventive, for sure!! How adorable. I love her pants.

*Jess* said...

very creative!

Jen Bowen said...

Very creative. I'm impressed. It's amazing she came up with a guitar with the supplies available.

Ami said...

I love her creativity! I just realized that I actually have a mobile (still attached to Sara's crib), that you're welcome to have (or if Eliza wants to have it). :) Let me know if you want me to send it with Mom.

boo face mcjones said...

That mobile is just about the sweetest thing of all time.

I cannot wait to see your sweet little one. As you mentioned in an earlier post, SLEEP NOW. And did I mention I can't wait to see her?!?

Camille said...

Oh my gosh, that is SO cute! She is quite creative!! I love that she made a mobile...seriously, so cute.