Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Waiting on a sister

Dear Baby Sister,

One question.
Where are you?!

If you think I'm impatient, you should see Mom.

Eliza and I just wanted to let you know that we are ready to meet Y.O.U!

Considering you'll have a lot on your plate when you first arrive, we went ahead and chose your Halloween pumpkin. I hope that's okay!

On Monday night, Daddy gave Mom a special blessing during family night. After that, Eliza made you a "Welcome Home" sign. Mommy loves it. With that being said, I'm not sure why she's hiding it up in your room. She mentioned something about your car seat, the packed suitcase and sign "taunting her."

Daddy and I can't figure her out. Lucky for us, these past few days have been made easy thanks to a most special visitor!!Nanna Teresa jetted up to our house last Saturday after spending time with our extended family in Ridgeland, South Carolina. Like you, she was born here! Her presence brought Mom peace of mind. We were all happy to have the world's best "security blanket" (that's what Mom called her) here for a few days.

After picking her up, we went straight to the zoo. You'll see! She is so fun to be around! And helpful! Nanna watched us during Mom's doctor's appointment, played games with us, vacuumed, listened to Mommy talk (and talk and talk - you'll see about that too! The females in this family have a gift!) took us to Costco and came with us on Eliza's field trip to the pumpkin patch.
Here we are at the zoo. That frog is big enough for the three of us.

Our trip to the pumpkin patch was likewise memorable! Mom said it was neat to watch Eliza interact with her class and teachers. Despite being with all her friends, she was a pal as she let me tag along.I promise to return the favor to you when I evolve into the cool, big brother.

We were hoping for an extra bumpy hayride for Mom. Sadly it didn't do the trick! You're still baking. Still, the day was great! The weather was spot on and the pumpkins were ours for the taking!
After naps, it was time for us to take Nanna back to the airport. She's been gone too long from Bubba. I'm sure he's missed her! As we left the airport, I cried for her. Mom says she'll be back when you decide to come.

No pressure. You're only 38 weeks big. It looks like I hold the record at 37 weeks 5 days. I'm alright with that.

Just know that with the two of us in the picture, you have a lot to look forward too (if I may be so bold).

We love you, we love you, we love you.

Henry (and Eliza!)

7 comments:

jamie t. said...

Waiting is the worst! Can't wait to meet this adorable little girl. Hope she comes soon.

*Jess* said...

that is so sweet! I can't wait to come take photos!

Camille said...

So cute! I love Eliza's sign...how does she even know what taunting is?? Funny girl! I'm sure Henry is anxious (as you all are) to meet the new little girl...it's hard for those little ones to understand how much longer it will be. Good luck!

The Tate Family said...

There is nothing like that last month! Good luck...we will be thinking of you!

Michelle said...

I am so excited for her to come!Your life is getting too easy, we need to bump it up. Ha, Ha! Only 3 days left....if that.

Ami said...

Here's an idea: Have the baby sometime today (Oct. 16th)....name her Leah...and then Mia and Leah could share the same birthday!

Adam and Julie H. said...

How adorable are those too?! I mean really!!So cute!