Friday, November 12, 2010

And to think. Someday they'll be teenagers.

What a gift a sister is.

This is my sister, Ami.
September 2010

I call her "mini-me;"
even though I'm younger.
Bless her heart.
She had to share a room with a teenage me.

I was reading quotes on sisterhood.
Here are a few that reminded me of us.

If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she's wearing your best sweater. ~Pam Brown

A sister smiles when one tells one's stories - for she knows where the decoration has been added. ~Chris Montaigne

Sisters is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship. ~Margaret Mead

What's the good of news if you haven't a sister to share it? ~Jenny DeVries

Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.
~Carol Saline

Speaking of sisters,
My Mom's sister, Dawnie,
gave Lottie this outfit:


All blinged out.
I love it Dawnie!

Thank you for your thoughtful gift. It meant a lot.

7 comments:

Sam said...

That really is amazing that Eliza will have a sister to grow up with. Sisters are something amazing to have! I hope Brookie can have a sister someday too. If not, a brother is the next best thing!!

dawny said...

I'm glad you love the outfit. Don't let her grow out of it until I see her in person. Come home soon!

*Jess* said...

:) I know all your children will be very closely bonded :)

Camille said...

Sisters are the BEST! (Except for all that fighting and stuff...but you know, whatever.)

Ami said...

Cute post. I loved the quotes...especially the one about the sweater. It brings back memories! :) XOXO

Anonymous said...

The quote by Chris Montaigne reminds me a bit of my sister (in law) - Kate the exaggerator Bradley.

-posted by anonymous ;)

Melissa and Allen said...

She is a beauty and so are you. I am so happy for you guys and can't believe you are a family of 5!!! Can't wait to see her in person- and you too! Will you email me/ text me/ call me with your phone number? I lost it again! Home and cell please! Love you tons!