Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Alakazam!

My children are magic.

Their ability to transform a clean and tidy home into a situation of happy chaos amazes me! Seriously, they are a pair of humble professionals. Both Henry and Eliza are unaware of their high level of skill in this department. Based on my experience, you'd think that it would no longer surprise me how fast a calm and beautiful environment can shift into something you wouldn't want the neighbors to see.

Yikes.

Lately my life has centered around cleaning/organizing. Laundry, specifically the part where you put the clothes away, is the ultra demon that just won't die. Possessing a piece of magic myself, I've tricked Eliza into thinking that sorting the socks is a very fun game.

The saying, "A woman's work is never done" is true. And you know, it's a good thing because parts of the job are indescribably good.
Pretty much anything that involves this Little Miss falls into that category. However, the rate at which she grows is alarming. I'm no fool. It won't be long until she rebels against team Mom in order to join in the cause of happy mess making. Three against one - how will I survive? As for my dear spouse... well, if we're being completely honest, I'm not sure whose side he is on! ;)

Eliza, the head hunter, is ready to recruit.

They're plotting. I can see it!

The destruction is easily forgivable when they're playing well with each other and/or friends. Last week, we were delighted to host a play date. Combining their magic brains, the lot of them planned two weddings.
Here we have Eliza with her groom(s). Henry served as best man. Sadly, Lottie slept through the proceedings.
And with that adorable smirk, I'll conclude this afternoon's post. Please excuse me. I'm off to go daydream about taking a nap... because that's about as good as it gets.

3 comments:

Ami said...

I can't believe how grown-up Lottie is looking. She is SO CUTE!!! Good luck on your continues efforts to clean. I've given up for the week. Maybe I'll try again on Monday. :)

Anonymous said...

They say cleaning house with young children is like shoveling snow in a blizzard.

Nikki said...

Lottie is SO cute, Ali!

I agree with anonymous. It's amazing how the house can go from spotless to "pretend no ones home if someone knocks" in about 60 seconds. Let's just hope the person on the other side of the door remembers what it's like with young kids.