Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Taste of Spring

Mother Nature has been in a fickle mood lately. After a day or two of warm weather, we'll wake up to another scene of wintry white. The giant sized snowflakes are beautiful but are most definitely unwanted by the entire, Utah based, Facebook community.

The tulips in Grandma's yard were a welcome sight. Still recovering from the most recent dusting of snow, the flowers seemed fragile. I wanted to applaud them for their endurance and beauty. I'm crossing my fingers they won't make an early exit as a result of this crazy weather.

Today, finally, felt like Spring. The timing worked out well considering I had play date with some friends from my Nauvoo days. Unfortunately I missed out on a recent reunion, so when the chance popped up a second time to see some of my lovely lady friends, I jumped at the chance.

Lucky for Eliza and Henry, I'm not the only one whose been busy making babies.


Based on the content of our conversation (dare I mention?) and our level of laughter, it's fair to say we picked up where we left off. Today was a great day to be back in Utah.

I'll be holding them to their promise that we'll be making these gatherings a regular thing. Any other Nauvoo lady friends in the area who want to come, let me know and I'll keep you in the loop.

5 comments:

Kara Camille said...

So fun, glad to hear spring is arriving! Beginning of June I'll be more than happy to join you nauvoo playdates.

*Jess* said...

Its 73 in Boiling Springs. Just sayin' :)

Megan and Jonny said...

Aww...this made me Nauvoo-homesick. :(

Wish I could be there to see you all!

Sam said...

We seriously did pick up right where we left off! It was so good to see you and looks like Brookie and Eliza got along!!! We definitely need to make it an often occurrence.

Kara said...

Pick me Pick Me! I would love to have a nauvoo play date!