Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 24th

Last Sunday, Andrew and I had the opportunity to speak in Church. Fortunately, we had our own little cheering section in the audience to help combat our nerves. In addition to my Mom; Andrew's parents and the Taylor family came to the meeting. And while I'm certain y'all think I'm a sucker for attention, it made me extra nervous to have them there. The added pressure was worth having those extra hands to occupy our kids.

Lunch at the Flegal nest followed. Wanting to honor the Sabbath day, Andrew opted not to pull out the lawn mower for recreational purposes. Instead, feeling it was a little more holy, he brought the jeep out of moving hibernation.
Yes, Eliza is sporting a Book of Mormon. I'm not sure what game they were playing, but it's good practice because I'm pretty sure she'll be required to carry one in her purse when she enters the dating scene.
Henry and Max spent the most time riding the jeep.
More male bonding: Wickman and Tennessee. Side note: Cousin "Tenny" refers to Henry as, "Hiney." I will spare you the reasons as to why I find that nickname entirely fitting. Other highlights included the homemade ice cream Bubba made, Bocce Ball (Shipley's favorite - nudge, nudge, wink, wink - right Ship?), bad mitten and staying up late to watch the fireworks in honor of the arrival of the first Pioneers to arrive in the great Salt Lake valley.