Monday, October 10, 2011

saturday night s'mores

Dear Winter,

Let's get straight to it, shall we? Andrew and I are familiar with your crazy relationship with Utah. And yes, we chose to return to this climate. In the name of family, we sacrificed mild winters for harsh, traded in the rain for snow, and (happily) said, "Goodbye, humidity!" and, "Hello, bottles of lotion!" to accommodate the dry.

Before I hurt your feelings, I'll say that I am a member of your fan club. The sight of snow pants on display in the store, along with the brightly colored scarves with their matching hats and big clunky boots excites me as I imagine my children adorned in said winter gear. In my mind, I picture them tromping up the sledding hill or chasing each other in the backyard.

We like hot chocolate weather. Really, we do; but to be honest, we're still in the mood for juice boxes and flip flops at our house. 
With that being said, I felt a sense of panic as I beheld the snow in the mountains this week. Yes, the sight was lovely. I've never lived so close to the mountains before. After our time away, I'm filled with a deeper love for them. Even so, I admit that the sight of snow, felt, oh I don't know, PREMATURE. {Enter my plea:}

Please. Take your time. Allow us to bask in the loveliness that is Autumn.
Homemade chili (thank you mkc for another knockout recipe), corn mazes, trick or treating in decent(ish) weather, jumping in leaves and our new favorite: backyard camp fires, are a few fall favorites.

Your season will come. Please, take your time. If not for me... then, how about for them:


Seriously, you don't want to cross that one.






Thank you for your consideration,

The Flegal family

6 comments:

jamie t. said...

Amen sister!

BnK said...

I love the site of camp fire in a back yard. We will for sure have to plan a slumber party at you place.

BnK said...

Ok, so the previous comment was Liz signed in as Kt. :)

*Jess* said...

Just to rub it in, but Jayce wore flip flops today :P And short sleeves!

Christi said...

Your house looks super cute! Come visit us in the winter...you wont be sorry.

Emily said...

I'm with you - Fall/Autumn is the best! A little bit of a chill in the evenings requiring jackets, but totally sunny in the day time. Hope you guys love the mountains, it is beautiful up there! I have to admit I miss the mountains, but I do love having a prolonged Fall down here in Southern Utah :)