Thursday, January 5, 2012

non-toxic

When future Lottie is asked, "Did you eat paint chips as a child?" She'll happily reply,



"Nope! Just paint!"

What first drew my attention to the scene was the cry of disgust she made after licking the blue paint brush like you would a lollipop. It remains to be seen if she would try to take a taste again if given the opportunity, but let's hope that we don't give her a chance for redemption.


In other news, after picking Lottie up from her Nanna Teresa's today, I was DELIGHTED to find that she had put Lottie's hair in pigtails. This girl is SO SO SO SO SO cute.



(Lottie's first pigtails, post naptime)

I wish I could say the same thing about the giant bruise left on her forehead after she decided that she was ready to get into the bathtub. BONK! Poor baby girl. 

Eliza's reaction to seeing her sister in pigtails was likewise big. She ooo-ed and ahhhh-ed over how darling she looked and soon came to the conclusion that she looked like, Eleanore the Chipette (of 'Alvin and Chipmunk' fame.)
Just now, I heard Henry call to his younger sister, "Come here little Eleanore, come here!"

5 comments:

I'm A. said...

Pigtails! Adorable! Your new blog layout (which may be old, but I am always in reader so I never see actual blogs) also adorable!

Karen said...

The pigtails are way cute and that is so funny that Eliza decided that she looked like someone/thing else!

keersten said...

Oh man! That is so adorable! What is up with kids eating weird things? Amanda always runs for the lotion bottle when it is low enough to reach. :D

Whit, Lindsey, Jonas, and Maggie said...

Oh those Grandmas...my mom keeps trying to get pigtails in Maggie's hair. Too bad they are in the exact spot that she lays her head on, they don't last long. Reindeer dust is a nice little concoction to spread out in the snow(or ground) so the reindeer can spot your house with ease. We'll make sure to send you some next year. How Santa hasn't passed your house accidentally is amazing. ;)

Lynsie and Joey said...

Your blog is amazing. It makes me laugh, cry, and nod my head often. And your kids are Adorable! BTW this is Lynsie Mortensen, Joey Mortensen's wife, and sorry to be random but, I need some advice. Joey is considering a job in Ogden, and I was wondering if you could tell me how you like it? Is it a good place to raise family? Which neighborhoods are best? Do you think the schools are good? Are people nice? Do you find yourself driving to SLC a lot? I'm sure your super busy, so just if you have a moment, I'd appreciate any thoughts you have. lynsiepatrick@hotmail.com Thanks!