Friday, May 4, 2012

Disney Joy


We have recently returned from the magical land of Disney!
 “I have arrived!”
“I’m ready to meet Mickey!” 
 
 In the weeks leading up to our vacation, I solicited the advice of several friends, neighbors, family, strangers in line at the grocery store (etc), as to whether or not Lottie should remain at her Nanna’s or come along for the party. For those of you I hounded, perhaps you’ll be interested to know that in the hours that preceded our departure, a change of course was made. 

Lottie provided the giant exclamation point to our daily story. I felt the void of her absence before we left and thankfully, Andrew did too. And while it is likely that Lotite won’t remember the wonderment she experienced, I will. Being the selfish creature that I am, my heart is full of gratitude that I followed my sentimental heart and in the process hushed the logical, analytical piece of my brain that was instructing me to do otherwise.

(The jungle cruise snuggle)

*  More sentimental, gag inducing, cheese filled Disney non-sense joy to come!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yea! I've been thinking about you. I can't wait to read your Disney posts!

*Jess* said...

I can't wait!

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi} said...

I'm so glad you decided to bring her! I was a little sad for both of you when you said she would not be joining you.