Tuesday, August 28, 2012

his and her projects

We are beginning to enjoy the fruits (uh, veggies?) of Andrew's labor in the garden.

Our vegetables growth has been laden with hardship. Deprived of rain and at the mercy of a hungry neighborhood gang of deer, you can understand the rewarding experience it is see a medley of Flegal produce accompanying our daily fix of mystery meat. 
It's meatloaf for those who are wondering. And yes, it was fabulous. Just don't ask about how my oven exploded into a ball of white, science fictional looking, light while it was preheating. Or how I had to call my neighbor, with my hands dripping in meat batter (bleh), to ask if I could use her oven... the important part of this tale is that dinner came to pass and we have Andrew's garden and the hospitality of my neighbor's oven to thank for it. Sheeeeesh.

In other news...

While Andrew's been beautifying the backyard in all his green thumb glory, I've had my sights set on a wall in my kitchen. I love displaying my children's artwork. The set-up we had in our South Carolina home was delightful; refresh here. With our new layout, it wasn't feasible to do the same now. With the help of Pinterest and the mad vinyl cutting skills of my creative friend Michelle Blaser, I adapted.

Credit for the idea here:

The binder clips make it easy to switch out their masterpieces. The frames were donated from family or found at a thrift store and then spray painted black. Easy enough, right? It's up in time for the new school year which makes me happy.

3 comments:

rachel garber said...

Loved your first art wall way back when and love this one too! For claiming to not be so crafty, you sure know what you are doing.

Karina said...

i like, i like, i like!!! perhaps i shall copy you someday...

Liz Green said...

You are so creative. Your cute wall art makes me want to get my kids room in order.