Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I will call her, 'MINI ME'

Never did I think an Austin Power's quote would make it onto my blog. However, if you knew me as a child, you will understand.

Unlike Henry, Eliza's eyes do not cross. She failed an eye exam at her well child check up. If you had asked me a week ago, I would have told you that she sees well up close, but struggles with distance. However, after reading her prescription yesterday, it seems like she is in fact far sighted like Henry and me. 

With age, my vision achieved 20/20 status. Who would have thought that possible? Anyway... I am confused as to what is going on with her vision, but based on her beautiful reaction when she put them on yesterday, she now can see better. Watching both kids put their glasses on for the first time tugged at my heart strings. Who would have thought that the reception area of a Standard Optical could be such a special place?! Ha. 

At her age, Eliza doesn't associate any negative feelings or perceptions to having glasses. She thinks they're cool, enjoys staring at her "new" self in the mirror and is eager to show her friends. She complains of discomfort where her glasses rest behind her ears. With Henry it lasted a few days. Hopefully, those complaints will disappear just as quickly.  

The doctor did say that after her next check up, he will most likely say that she will wear her glasses on an 'as needed' basis. 

Any takers on how long until Lottie joins the club?!?

4 comments:

Vause Family said...

They are adorable! She looks great!

Karina said...

She looks cute!

Christi said...

What a cutie! I think she looks beautiful!

Nikki said...

She looks so cute in glasses!