Monday, July 14, 2014

Lava Hot Springs and the biggest bed you ever did see.

It's been pretty neat exploring different vacation spots with my family each summer. You know it's a win when you're already planning a repeat trip back to that spot before you leave. This year's destination, and it was a first, was Lava Hot Springs, Idaho.

The cabin fit our ever expanding crew well. Exhibit A:
 Talk about a conversation piece; this bed was HUGE!! The property and its surrounding view was beautiful. There was a swing set, soft grass, a pond, stream and SNAKES (lots of snakes)!
 Why yes. 
I blame him entirely for all this snakey business.
 Two peas in a pod, I tell you. 
Seriously. I love them.

We spent a day at Lava Hot Spring's Olympic Swimming Complex. It included four water slides that Eliza dominated, an indoor Kiddie area and platform/diving boards that we loved watching family members jump from.
 
Day two we rafted down the Portneuf River, which in my opinion, was the most fun thing we did.
 
Back at the cabin we indulged in yummy treats, watched movies, chatted outside and helped the kids with this year's cute shirt. 
 
 
My Mom puts her heart and soul into these trips. I hope she felt it was worth all her hard work. We sure loved being there, Mom! Thanks for making it happen.


 
 
 How cute are these two?! 
My Flegal Family, Summer 2014

1 comment:

rachel garber said...

You guys are having the best summer! Maybe next year I'll just come celebrate all season long with you fine folks. I'm seriously jealous.