Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Little Red School House visits the Zoo!

I begin with an update on Miss Eliza. Her lip biopsy showed two things. On the bottom of her lump, deep inside her lip, was a mucocele. On the top of the mucocele, a papilloma had formed. Both of these were benign. I was relieved to hear this! And, according to the doctor, it would be very rare if either reoccurred. All that's left to do now is to wait for the next round of doctor bills to arrive. Ya, baby!

Today's post will be short and sweet (don't hold me to that) as I share photos from a trip I took to the Hogle Zoo with Lottie and Forrest. After missing all of her previous field trips and class parties, Forrest and I made the drive to spend the day with Lottie's preschool class. Rain was in the forecast and it was an "early out" day for my other children, so I really debated if it would be worth the drive. I have a strange and strong aversion to free-way driving. I will do it, but it's not my favorite. The idea of unfavorable weather with the added pressure of having to cruise back to pick up Eliza and Henry on time was almost enough to make me sit it out. I know. I'm a total wimp. In addition to my personal hesitation, Lottie had a dance lesson that morning and to be honest, I'm slightly frightened by her teacher and have taken to heart her warnings:

"Do not to miss a lesson, unless your dancer is ill." Or else.

 
Lottie's enthusiasm conquered all these things as breaking her heart over missing such a field trip became an impossibility. It's a good thing too because the three of us had a great time together. I absolutely loved seeing her interact with her preschool friend, Jayda. Lottie is very shy, especially in social settings outside our home, so it was fun to observe the two of them together. Jayda is very friendly and outgoing. She initiated hugs, hand holding and chasing. Lottie loved the attention from her.
Here's a few more favorites from our visit.    
 
 We intruded on both of the lions as they did their morning "business." And now I'm sharing with you because I strive to keep this blog classy.
An obvious highlight would be the ride on the carousel. Forrest was excited for about thirty seconds. He waved and waved to his adoring fans but then opted for Mom's arms instead.
Lucky Lottie rode the carousel twice. The second time around she got to go with Jayda.
We had a great time at the zoo! Now that we've relaxed from Eliza's adventure, I'd like to offer a preview of my upcoming post. I will call it: Forrest Flegal Fractures his Foot.

Poor sweet baby.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

never a dull moment, right?