
Eliza and I took our first train ride today. Thanks to all of the traveling Andrew did as a missionary, I would say that he is a certified P.T.P (professional train passenger). Seriously, he knew what he was doing and for me, that was a very good thing. He knew that passengers with strollers needed to enter at the front of the train or in the back. He knew how to purchase tickets and was quick to find the nearest pretzel vendor at each station. The scenery was beautiful (as always) which made the ride quite enjoyable.

Our official destination was the German Museum. However, I think our detours on the way to and from the museum is what made today so incredible. Clearly, my favorite stop was to buy ice cream!

The city of Munich was impressive. Because of today's German holiday, 97.5% of the shops were closed. That didn't disappoint us. Besides, let's be honest, Andrew can't afford to let me go hog wild with a credit card.

As for the museum... after ten minutes of looking around and pretending to be sophisticated, Andrew and I both confessed that we were both...dare I say - BORED OUT OF OUR MINDS!!
As we observed the myriad of people that were transfixed and amazed by what they were looking at, we couldn't help but wonder what our problem was. However, something positive is we found something that we have in common!! For those of you who know us well, Andrew and I are opposites. Well, we bonded in the discovery that we don't like science museums. We stayed for an hour and a half, laughing our way through the museum.


3 comments:
Aren't those " AHA" moments wonderful! I totally missed Munich so we can prowel the streets together when I come. I think that you have more in common than you think.. How about Eliza. I hope you memorized where the ice cream was..Now you can be a PTP for us.
I just get this excited feeling when I read your blog and feel really happy for you that you get to expereince all this! Keep it comin' girl.
steph,
I love your guts and love your blog. you are hilarious.
Post a Comment