With that being said, I'll do my best to portray some of the more memorable moments; and because I still have your attention, allow me to begin with the most traumatic.
Eliza pooped. Certainly this was not a big deal considering she pooped in a convenient, family oriented setting. I easily located a bathroom labeled "Family" a few steps away from all of the energetic commotion. It was fully equipped with a diaper changing table and a garbage that was already overflowing with stinky diapers (I often feel guilty when I am the first to taint a smell free bathroom with one of Eliza's "mess filled wonders").
After taking care of Eliza's business, I thought to myself,
"Go ahead. You're already in a bathroom. Make use of this opportunity. Your pregnancy infected bladder would certainly appreciate the relief."
Approximately 2.5 seconds after sitting down on the toilet (sorry for the graphic play by play), Eliza decided it was time to rejoin the excitement outside the bathroom door. I watch in utter disbelief, as she stands up on her tip toes, easily unlocks the bathroom door and SWINGS IT WIDE OPEN.
I was certainly not in a position to stand up at this point. Knowing in advance that it was a weak attempt, I begin to BEG and plead with my daughter to have mercy on the woman who GAVE HER LIFE by shutting the bathroom door - UGH, the door!! It was completely out of arm's reach.
How long would it be for a passerby would take notice of the panic stricken pregnant woman stuck on the toilet? Feeling helpless, humiliated and defeated I sat and waited for someone to make a discovery that they hadn't intended on finding (me on the toilet) during their $8.50 visit to the museum .
A small moment later (it felt like an eon) an innocent, alarmed woman saw me as she rounded the corner.
"Oh, I'm so sorry... I didn't mean too..." her apology began.
Good grief, kind lady, you didn't do anything wrong! Thankfully, she shut the door on my behalf and I was finally able to exhale again.
If you've endured the length of this story, you deserve to see the view from the outside looking in.


22 comments:
I WOULD DIE! You poor thing. There must be some sort of appropriate reprobation. Possibly some sort of payback during her teen years....oh yea, you are the mom. I guess that would be frowned on. The exhibit looks like a ton of fun though, I am excited to take the girls.
Oh, Ali! I'm so sorry! That would be so embarrassing!
It looks like it was a great place to go, though.
This is the funniest post I've ever read! I can see Michael doing this to me, and he's not an innocent two year old! :) I would die! You are so hilarious! I love reading your blogs! Oh... and by the way, I DO talk to my plants. I haven't gone as far as some people I know like playing them classical music, but I have been known to stroke them and talk to them. Michael even made me kiss it once! How embarrassing! and it STILL took 5 months to bloom! :(
You are so cute!
Oh man, that's a pretty scary story since I know these experiences are just around the corner for me and my little one year old boy.
What an awesome museum! Now I know why I want to move back to the West.
GREAT PLACE TO GO.....BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I don't think that Emily meant for that play on words. Ok, so can you answer the phone today? Lunch tomorrow, near your casa would be swell. What do you think?
Oh my heck, I am laughing my head off. That is so hilarious! And the best part is that Eliza had no idea how humiliated she was making you feel. At least it was a mom that walked in on you and not a father. ;)
That is too funny....If only our children knew what they put us through sometimes.
How embarrasing!!
I didn't mean the play on words. I didn't even notice it myself until I looked at it just now! Thanks for commenting, Anne! I should have known you would pick up on that!! :)
Sounds like an eventful day!
eegads.
look who i found!!!! hello miss Ali! You are the cutest lady! remember good ole' days at dans flower shop! oh ya, good times!!! Look at you! you are a mommy! woo hoo!
Yikes! I'm glad you've survived well enough to share the story. Embarrassing stories work out better when we can laugh about them once we get past the traumatic part. At least you'll probably never see that woman again!
Woah! I was picturing a woman's bathroom with stalls, but thanks to the pic, I understand that would be incredibly embarassing!!!
I am thankful for the picture. I was laughing as I read it, but after looking at the picture, I get a MUCH better idea of how it really was. Polly has done that to me at church & various women's bathroom "stalls," but I think I have always been able to reach the door...that bathroom was definitely a far reach. :)
I love your graphic explanations. It's just the early luck 'O" the Irish or Leap Year!!! I guess I need to take advantage of the fresh air while I can before my new chore of "changing diapers" begins.
Oh my heck, I'm sorry but that is hilarious! That is, until it happens to me one day....
Darn that girl for being so smart!
Oh, wow, Ali. That makes motherhood sound wonderful! :)
Oh, Ali - of course this would happen to you!!! That is so embarrassing, and I can only imagine your off balance pregnant attempt to close the door! I remember that last month of pregnancy, it's hard to do anything physical! If it makes you feel any better, I had to good laugh!
ha ha ha ha ha! THAT IS HILARIOUS!
Are we kidding? I was practically rolling on the floor after reading about the new discovery people were able to have! (I, of course, did not roll because it's a bit impossible with my large baby bump!) Although incredibly embarassing, I somehow think you handled it with more grace than I ever could. We are once again reminded that there is no privacy once these little ones come and bless our lives!
Post a Comment