Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Savanna Tate Photography

The term "shout-out" feels completely wrong coming from my lips, but that's exactly what this blog entry is: An Online "Shout-Out" (I just can't pull that phrase off) to tell you about the talents of Savanna Tate!
I think other Mom's would agree that it's important to have your baby photographed often during their first year of life. These shots of Henry were taken at four weeks and already, at six weeks, I can see that he has changed.

Since I've been in a list-making mood, allow me to share with you the reasons why I highly recommend working with Savanna to capture the moments that matter, the moments that pass too quickly (that sentiment should be on a Hallmark card).
  • In the past, our professional photos have been taken at department store studios (ie: Target). The idea of taking my two children to the store, unaided, makes my arm pits sweat. Those photographers are on a schedule, so in the past, I have felt rushed or frustrated when I've waited for my appointment to start. With newborns, you have to expect the unexpected - spit up, diaper blowouts, an emergency need to eat RIGHT NOW (or else everyone who hears me crying will assume you're a horrible mother), etc. Meeting with Savanna, the environment was relaxed. She is a Mother herself and can relate and adapt to stressful surprises.
  • Savanna assured me from the time I walked through the door that we weren't rushed. If Eliza needed attention or Henry needed to calm down, it was fine. The calm environment, coming from an understanding Mom, eased the frazzled nerves of a sleep deprived Mom.
  • I was given a disc of photos from our shoot. I didn't have to choose five minutes after the session was over which ones I wanted printed, how many, what size, etc. I'm a poor decision maker when I feel pressured - not to mention, how are your kids holding up while you sit through that process of deciding? Thanks to Savanna, I can choose to have select favorites printed on my own and I get to take my time doing it. My Mom can pick and choose the ones she wants. I don't like making that decision for her.
  • Your children will love Savanna. She is so likable. She'll be able to pull out the best expressions and works well with busy, busy children who don't want to sit still.
  • And finally, Savanna is gifted. She has the "eye" for all things artistic and beautiful. Her graphic design work is likewise impressive.
Her work speaks for itself. Check out her website:

www.savannatatephotography.com

17 comments:

Samye said...

I love the new pics!! I wish we had a photographer here like her!! Maybe I will have to look around.

Audra said...

He is a gorgeous baby! I wish I would have gotten pictures like that *sigh* maybe with another baby!

Catherine said...

I can't believe how fast Henry is growing. Don't you wish he could stay small forever? I love the photos! They're darling, Ali!

Camille said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (is that a sufficient ammount of O's?) adorable! My goodness, he's going to be a heartbreaker!

Liz Green said...

What darling pictures. I was looking into getting professional photos taken for Truman, but the price range here is rather high. Wish I had savanna close by.

Anna said...

Sounds like an awesome deal. And those pictures are to die for!

Keersten said...

Those pics are great! (and even better considering you get to enjoy the experience with dry pits! Who doesn't appreciate that?)

Anonymous said...

If only I lived in Salt Lake......

I do have to say though, she had it easy since she was able to work with such an adorable subject.

Emily said...

I'm sure that she is good. But even a total novice would have produced fantastic and sweet pictures with such a cute baby to photograph!

Megan and Jonny said...

Like I said before--you have gorgeous children! Those pictures are so precious.

Yeah, the livefeed is a bit creepy. I put it up just to make sure that no one was getting to my blog from some weird website. So far so good! I have to admit--it does make me more cautious about looking at other people's blogs, now that I know they can see where I am. Scary!

Unknown said...

I just have to say you have the most beautiful kids, so you better plan on having a bunch of them! :)

Ang said...

We got your baby announcement! It was so cute!

Natalie said...

Hey Ali
I got his outfit from my sister who found it at the GAP. I don't know when she got it though. I love your pictures. I really wanted to get professional pics taken but never had the money for it. sad.

Gabriella said...

Those pictures are beautiful! He is such a cute baby. It's sad how quickly they change and grow up.

Melissa and Allen said...

love them! so dang cute. love the announcement. i want a cute baby boy. only 3 more months!
p.s. about the shower thing- i really can't remember if I used to do that back then. there's a chance I didn't. but there's a really good chance I did. we'll never know. haha

jamie t. said...

Beautiful!

Heidi said...

I love the one of him looking up, trying to push himself up. He's a mini Andrew to a T!!!