Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm Not Drunk. Seriously. I'm Not.

I'm still recovering from a non-alcoholic hang over... well, I'm confident that alcohol was involved in the party I'm referencing, but considering I don't drink beverages of an alcoholic nature, I can't blame my feeling "off" to that particular substance. However, there was indeed a party and I was definitely not invited, but feel as though I was full on participant.


Do I sound inebriated or what? Sleep deprivation does that to me. An unnamed neighbor, let's call her, Rhonda... turned twenty one yesterday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHONDA

Rhonda's 21 birthday was ushered in late last night with a diesel sized load of her friends... friends who hollered and sang and danced and drank and threw items off of their balcony and drank and peed in our bushes; you get the idea.

My conservative, bored out your mind, let's knit sweaters and eat at Wendys; college filled nights never included parties where alcohol was the guest of honor. But having had direct access to our directly above us, centrally located, boisterous neighbors, I feel as though I can someday tell Eliza how not worth going to parties like that are.

Bottom line; we were the beneficiaries of Rhonda's bash, which resulted in severe sleep deprivation. The party ended at five a.m. Thank goodness for eye make up concealer.

Despite all that, we had a FANTASTIC weekend; thanks to a special visit from my father in law a.k.a Bubba.

His visit didn't last long, but is one we thoroughly enjoyed. Moments after this photo was taken, my camera battery died. Our fabulously ideal morning at Lake Lure wasn't fully documented so I'm going to borrow photo's from Lake Lure's website to describe our activities.

Prior to taking a tour of the lake, via the boat pictured below, we fed ducks, walked a scenic path, changed two diapers and watched Eliza play at the park. We then jumped on a boat for an hour of relaxation, scenic views and delightful commentary. After our summer in Germany, I really appreciated the fact that this tour was given in my native tongue.
Lake Lure is special for a number of reasons. Being the Hollywood junkie that I am, the one tidbit I'd like to pass on to you is that this is where they filmed the classic, Dirty Dancing.

After our morning at the Lake, we ate at Subway and drove an hour back home... AN HOUR folks. Come visit us and we'll take you to see where "Baby" danced her way up a staircase carrying a watermelon."NO ONE PUTS BABY IN THE CORNER"
Other highlights of our weekend with Bubba included: watching him build Eliza her very own fort (that was a first, certainly not the last), playing dominoes, eating ice cream, laughing at the movie, watching him play with Henry at Church, etc...

It was a great few days. Thanks for coming. I LOVE visitors. Next up... MY MOM. No words are needed.
Prior to Bubba's visit, I spent a morning attending my first ever "Mom's Club" - that's right, I joined a club where I'm actually paying women to be my friend. A girl's got to do, what a girl's got to do! The park was fabulous, the calendar is filled with exciting activities and the fee I previously mentioned is 20.00 for the entire year... twenty dollahs.

I'm stoked. I need people in my life; nice people. People who can tolerate my freakin adorable children who like to play in mud.
The most noteworthy of features (because we all know how I love to blog about a good park) was the train that toot, tooted our little bums around the park... fully equipped with a tunnel.
Eliza made friends (I totally forced her) with the Conductor
And lit up the moment I mentioned that Talon and his cover-girl looking Mom (see below) would be coming with us in our smokin hot van.
Henry had his number one pal there. Someday they'll progress from chilling in their car seats to something more grown up... like - oh , I don't know. The grass. Did I mention that they're adorable? I sure think so. By the way. Come visit Have a lovely week, y'all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to say that your kids are freakin' adorable. I think it every time I see pictures of them.

Also, sorry about the crazy party. We didn't have to deal with anything quite like that, but when we first moved to Texas we had ourselves some crazy upstairs neighbors. Their radio alarm went off at 5:00 and they just let it run for an hour. Yeah, Brittney at any hour is pretty bad, but at 5:00 am.... it's intolerable.

Megan and Jonny said...

Brings back memories of drunken 2 am pool parties when we lived in Texarkana...luckily they left when we called the cops.

That lake is FABULOUS! Wish we had something comparable around here. And I'm glad your family is visiting--that makes life so much better!

Stephanie said...

i cant get over the fact that eliza looks like she is old enough to go to kindergarden or something! anyway- i think the time difference may be as much as 6 hours - because my sister lives in orem and when she talked to me last night- she reminded me that the time difference was four hours... so what is your time differnce from utah?

Ashley said...

That is crazy about the drunk party, I guess I should stop complaining about the fact the our upstairs neighbors vaccuum like 5 times a day! It could be worse as you made me see :)

The Tate Family said...

Ali, We would LOVE to come visit you guys! Steve has always wanted to see South Carolina! You guys look great and how fun that your mom is coming out! I miss my mom!

Emily said...

I can't get over the green in the photos. It sure makes me miss living back east.
I went to some of those parties in college (not knowing what to expect). It didn't take long for me to look elsewhere for fun. Yikes.
I bet you are loving having visitors! Wish we could make our way back there. Not likely though. :(

Teresa McCormack Flegal said...

Your Drunkin party reminds me of the year we took Sara, Mike, and Liz on a cruise to the Bahama's. It was spring break, it was Carnival Cruiselines (the Party cruiselines). Our wall neighbors were up all night drinking and cursing. Every phone call to the pursers office promised they would resolve the problem which they never did. The morning however was the best, throw-up all in the halls. I got sick from the cruise, because I was unable to sleep. Moral of the story, never go on a "Party Cruiseline" during spring break. Also I'm signing up for the Lake tour... Love you to pieces, MOM