Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Following the Ankle Incident

Sunday evening, we drove out to a near by lake.
While Eliza played with her daddy, Henry cashed in on some over due snuggles with Nana.Monday morning, we navigated our way to Niven's Apple FarmAfter a ride on the 'short' bus, we took a twenty minute hayride where we saw apple & peach orchards, pumpkin patches and spotted charming fairy tale characters that were hidden in a forest of trees. Eliza enjoyed bouncing on tubes, visiting the petting zoo and walking through a corn maze with NanaThe last item of business... picking out a pumpkin. Having a Charlie Brown type of compassion, Eliza was drawn to a single pumpkin, who had lost his stem.

A moment later, she changed her mind (again and again) and decided on this one. The weather was perfect, my ankle endured well (it's still very swollen and a nice shade of bruising has developed) and we didn't get lost trying to find the farm! We were all tuckered out. It was time to come home and relax.
Eliza excels in this department.

Meanwhile, Henry's two week illness progressed into high danger fever land. After talking with his doctor's nurse, we were advised to take him into an evening Pediatric dungeon... ugh, I mean clinic.
I apologize for the critical analysis, but the cinder block, window-less walls inspired the question, "Am I'm being admitted into prison?"

The creep-fest of the facility continued when we walked back into the examination room and the wall decor consisted solely of thisIt's certainly not your typical "Ponies Playfully Prancing in a Pasture" scene, is it? Traditionally, individuals visit the doctor's office in hopes of curing nasty maladies. Considering the ironically true fact that we ate spaghetti for dinner an hour earlier, you can understand that I left the room feeling somewhat nauseated.

My photo doesn't due the size of this framed piece of ugliness justice.

The good news of our adventure, Henry was prescribed an antibiotic for an ear infection, throat problems, etc and after three days of having a fever, woke up this morning without one. Yay. More to come.

11 comments:

AnnEE said...

Ali, I'm sorry, I tried to read this post in its entirety, but I just couldn't get past your friend in the yellow shirt by the tractor. For real????

Keersten said...

That picture is seriously freaky. Does it have googly eyes? BTW, I also love the pic of Eliza chillin'.

Holly said...

Oh my gosh ALI... I am still laughing at that picture hanging in the doctors office. It was even funnier when when I clicked it to see it full size. Seriously Hilarious!!! LOL...LOL...LOL

Jen Bowen said...

That last pic is really creepy. I'm glad you've been having fun with your mom!

Heidi said...

Sorry about your ankle! I love that Eliza wanted the broken pumpkin first. She is too funny. That picture seriously needs to come down. Creep-ee.

We miss you guys. A lot.

Heidi said...

P.S.I love the way you talk about your mom. She's sure lucky to have you.

Ang said...

Ali, I am so sorry about your ankle but I'm so glad your mom is there. And, really that picture is so scary.

The Tate Family said...

That picture is disgusting! I never want to see that scary child ever again!:)

Trav and Lizzie said...

Okay, Ali- here it is... I need you to do something for me.

I work for Deseret Book, and there is an awesome women's blog that I think you should do a guest post on. Just go to lightrefreshmentsserved.com and check it out, click on "guest blog", and you will submit a little sample. Priceless. You should totally do it, it has HUNDREDS or readers!

Megan and Jonny said...

I'm getting that picture to hang in Seth's room. It's always good to traumatize your children a little bit, right?

Sorry about the ankle! I hope it doesn't interfere too much with your plans. I'm so jealous--I wish my mom were coming to visit...

Unknown said...

i feeling nauseous just looking at a PICTURE of that picture!! sick-nasty! Kudos for having ur camera with u...it simply would not do to just describe that mess!