Moments after closing his door this afternoon, I heard him break into a tearful ballad.
"Here comes the first bump in the road." I thought to myself as I headed back to his room. However, after a quick investigation, I discovered that the source of his trouble wasn't his new bed, but rather he was upset with his smoke detector. His two year old imagination had him convinced that the green light was actually a dragon (*gasp!) and that it was watching him. A quick conversation with Mom washed those dragon fears away. He's currently asleep (Eliza's sitting here next to me with a paintbrush in hand if my potential blogging neglect concerns you).
Eliza was happy for her brother's sleeping promotion.Saturday morning, the kids and I hit a few garage sales while Andrew was at the temple. My brave efforts were rewarded when we scored a sweet bed frame.
As I consider how and where I want my kids sleeping when the baby arrives, I've put rearranging her furniture/wall decor on hold until I have my mind made up as having the bed directly next to the wall no longer meshes with the previous arrangement.
We have four bedrooms. Each child can have their own room, but I'm tempted to put Eliza and Henry in the same room for the "fun of it." They are best buddies. But when I gear up for the switch, I can't ignore the positives of having them in separate rooms. I keep teeter-tottering through each scenario, frustrated with my constant state of indecision.
Moving on... I took the kids to their yearly well-child check up last Friday.
Eliza finds herself in the 50th percentile in both height and weight for the second year in a row. She's currently 37 lbs. Henry has likewise stayed in the 15-20th percentile in height and weight. He is currently 25 lbs. His size is the product of his genes. He eats all that I offer him and there are days when the quantity of what he eats rivals the appetite of a 15 year old teenage male.
Eliza, poor thing, had to receive four shots! Henry walked away with a battle wound of his own. It was super difficult to watch. I was so proud of her bravery and grateful for her understanding of why it is necessary to protect ourselves from "da-deases" (diseases). She was waddling (and complaining) like a pregnant woman for the rest of the day. The Tylenol eased her discomfort a great deal.
I'm grateful I opted to schedule their appointments on the same day as Henry mimicked his big sister's obedient actions closely. The doctor said he couldn't ask for two better patients. I can't take credit because honestly, what's more exciting than an actual otoscope? The promise of stickers and an otter-pop from Nurse Kathy were also motivating factors. Still, I couldn't control my mouth as I listened to her piercing cries.
"WHATEVER you want, Eliza! It's yours!!" I promised her. Days later, she's finally settled on her choice. It looks like we will soon be purchasing ourselves a game of Hi-Ho, Cherry-Oh in celebration of her bravery.
9 comments:
I am going back and forth on the room sharing thing as well. It is so nice to have them in separate rooms, but I also want to have them get used to sharing. Why, I'm not sure. His bedspread is the cutest thing ever.
Cutest beds ever! The title of your entry made me think that you found out that you are actually having a boy rather than a girl...now I get what you were saying! :)
How fun! I love the new beds! Makes me wish for a house with four bedrooms! Best of luck with the decision.
Seriously, how cute is he? And I love the new room!
I thought the title meant you were having a boy also! Ha ha...wouldn't that be a surprise? Wow, Henry looks all grown up with his hair cut like that. He's so handsome! And I vote for Eliza and Henry to share a room. They would love it, and it's good practice in case of more future residents. :)
I altered the title of the post...
sorry for the confusion :)
they are growing up too fast! And at least Hi Ho Cherry-O is a great preschool game :)
I was all for sharing rooms until I did it with my girls and now I am all for separate rooms! Sometimes they need a little personal space. Love Henry's bedspread- Scott has the same one! Great minds think alike!
Congrats to Henry in the transitioning to a bed. I'm still debating when I want to do that with Truman, but first we need to get him a bed frame. I love Henry's hair cut.
I can't believe how big he's getting.
Post a Comment