Thursday, April 9, 2009

Exploring Picassa


Pssst: Mom, you can click on the collage to enlarge

Yesterday we met with the Mom's Club for another potluck lunch. The theme this month was: Eggs. We do our best to plan our dish according to the theme. Examples from yesterday include: quiche, potato salad with hard boiled egg, egg salad sandwiches (along with peanut butter and jelly for the kids), etc. And no matter what the theme, baked chicken nuggets are always a staple.

I totally cheated and bought Loft House, Easter-egg shaped cookies. Clearly they weren't homemade. Still, that didn't stop me from transferring them onto a pink paper plate and covering them with saran wrap.

I don't know how other Mom's would feel about me posting pictures of their kids on my blog, so I'm going to refrain until given permission. Which might be never, because I'm slow to confess that I'm a habitual blogger in an area where no one really blogs. With that being said, I wish you could fully appreciate the mass chaos that is our monthly potluck.

Ah, I love everything about it. Especially, the food. This month was special because we each brought a dozen Easter eggs filled with calorie enriched treasures and watched as our little ones "hunted" in the backyard.

You've heard about the importance of "making an entrance," right? It would seem that Eliza misunderstood that rule in her crash course of, "Behaving like a Diva," as it is becoming increasingly apparent that she has a thing for making a MONSTROUS exit. Her heart breaks whenever it's time to leave a play-date or an especially fun activity. She does an awesome job of letting the WORLD know that she isn't ready to leave her friends.

Following her nap yesterday afternoon, I did my best to distract her, with the help of the loot from her Easter basket, and attempted to curl her hair. I tried months - maybe even like a year ago - and the curls deflated within minutes. To my delight, I discovered that's no longer the case. Her hair now has the capacity to hold curl. I was giddy as I watched them bounce the remainder of the evening.

We were invited to watch the Pine Wood derby. Due to the small size of our cub scout troop, Eliza and her friends were given the opportunity to participate using cars from past years. Our small, curly haired, necklace wearing, tomboy came in third place. We can't take credit for her win, but it was fun to see her excitement.

This, unfortunately, wordy explanation of yesterday's happenings is what the above photo collage illustrates. Maybe next time I'll forgo the endless paragraphs and just post the pictures. My husband would most certainly like that considering I force him to read, out loud, each word (*Hi Andrew) of each post.

In an effort to prolong his suffering, I'm going to continue on by sharing the best part of the day; which was when the kids were peacefully slumbering their beds and I was watching a new episode of Lost. This is me as I watch the show:

(Cheering & Applause) "It's starting!"

GASP!

SWOON! (Always Sawyer's fault - too bad he wasn't featured last night).

"Andrew, why aren't you sitting by me? I'm all nervous and stuff. Get over here!"

GASP! Again.

*Smacking Andrew in the Arm*
"Andrew! Don't do that!!" (After he barks into my ear during a particularly intense moment, scaring me more.)

And yet another, GASP!

"Admit it. You Love this show as much as I do!" He totally does.

I look at the clock. I feel sad. Only seven minutes until this episode is over.

Wednesday is currently my favorite day of the week. If you're a fan of Lost, there's a good chance it's your favorite day as well.

As for the least favorite part of my day?

(*insert the sound of you shouting, "WE DON'T CARE!)

Eliza waking me up at 1:00 a.m. to use the potty.

"Ali!!" she screamed. "I NEED ALI!"

7 comments:

Haslam said...

I am totally the same as you when watching lost. There is also a lot of "whaaa" utter confusion moments! Last night was pretty freaky though, when Ben was in the temple! Ahhh.... I was freakin. I love though that his daughter came and chewed him out. Awesome!

Chris and Annalisa said...

Eliza's curls are adorable! I love it!!!

rachel garber said...

Lost. Sawyer. *sigh* My favorite night is Thursday because it is when I get a chance to watch finally . . . glad to know there are others who base their week around bliss.

*Jess* said...

So, is this the right blog to read? You have THREE! I'm impressed :) Yep, I blog and I love it! Jessica K. from MOMS Club has one, too, and so does Tracey Haynes, I'm not sure if you've met her? She came to Michelle's house last month. Anyway, I know what you mean about putting kids' pictures up. I usually ask first, but I've only met one mom that minds and she doesn't come to MOMS Club anymore. :)

SJ said...

I love you posts.

love always,

Sj

Paige said...

Cute, cute pictures! I love ELiza's hair - I haven't tried curling Polly's - it's probably getting long enough. Your posts have motivated me to get in gear & write about our Conference & Easter Weekend :)

Eliza ALWAYS reminds me of Polly. CAn we PLEASE get on the schedule for one of you next trips out here!?!?

*Waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom - what a miracle (for Polly) yay!!!

*Obsession with Disney (it's growing on me as well) & we were too cheap to go to the Disney show when it was here, but I'm sure Polly would have thrown a fit on the way out as well.

*Tomboy-ishness but still wearing jewelry...? That is Polly to a TEE (why is that the phrase? Did I use it right & spell it correctly??)

*Lashing out & becoming somewhat depressed when playdates, nursery, any interaction with other children (besides Bruce) is over, yup!

Love your last 2 posts - Lorin & Andrew would get along well - we recently acquired some crown molding remnants as well - haha!

The sad news about this post is that I don't watch LOST, but I love you anyway :) I think it's too late to jump on the bandwagon, I may have to start from the beginning & watch it on DVD.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.