Saturday, May 22, 2010

My husband, the hoser

"This is me loving my kids."

That was Andrew's reply when I asked him why in the world he was lugging the garden hose through the house.
He proceeded to take the hose to our 2nd floor bathroom, fill the tub with warm water and siphon it down to their newly acquired kid sized pool. Henry didn't have the patience to wait for his swimming suit.

First on his agenda: soak the sister.
She didn't mind.
"I think I got her Mom!"

And thus our Saturday began. It wasn't long until we busted out the inflatable tubes, beach ball and water squirting devices. It's a shame that sunscreen didn't make it onto that recently typed list. Their poor sunburns.

Next up, I met up with my friend Michelle for a little maternity shopping (she's expecting to you know!!) at the mall. After those glorious, child-free, hours had been spent, I met back up with the family in time for an adventure in catching tad poles!

I know. Can you stand the excitement of it all?

With our dollar store butterfly nets in hand and a group of friends, Andrew and Eliza waded into the water as Henry and I cheered them on from the sidelines. Our cookie jar that has since been retired from it's intended job is now housing three tadpoles.

Next came a quick grocery store run, dinner and bath time. The rest of the night I plan on sitting and watching the first episode of LOST on ABC.

Losties... can you believe it? TOMORROW IS THE SERIES FINALE. Oh the sadness and anticipation. It's the Ali Flegal super bowl as far as I'm concerned.

Happy weekend, all!

7 comments:

rachel garber said...

So. Unbelievably. Sad.

I had to blog about losing my island friends too. I'm sure there is more where that post came from . . .

As for your Saturday - pretty good if you ask me!

A and M's Mom said...

Oh No! I fell asleep halfway through the finale! I am so upset. One minute I was crying over everyone remembering and then I was awake and it was morning! I'll be finishing on the DVR later today.

Allison and Josh said...

I am so envious of your weather...It is snowing here-on the 24th of May...

Michelle said...

Swimming in bathtub water, what a life! Your kids have it made. I guess we got the left overs yesterday, not quite as good.

Thanks for having us over. That food was delicious!

rachel garber said...

Did you bawl? I bawled. Hysterically.

Chris and Annalisa said...

Ah, that is so cute! Warm water would make a wading pool so much more fun.

Kara said...

Hey! I think we are just weeks apart! when is your due date?