Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Challenge

This morning, we seem to be suffering from a case of the frowns.

(Eliza's expression captures the essence of "the frown" well)

Andrew sent me an e-mail from work this morning. In it, he expressed his hope that I wasn't hurting too much from "mommy withdrawal."


(It's hard not to when you belong to someone like her.)

He knows me well. I'm impressed with the way he classified my condition.

And while it's easy to turn on that sadness, I'm trying my best to focus on the gratitude that accompanied me home yesterday. We were blessed with good health, beautiful weather, happy children and special experiences with the best family on the planet (you're totally allowed to express bias when blogging...annoying, but allowable).

The challenge I find after a vacation is going back to document the memories. I don't enjoy posting travelogues as I usually prefer to write what's presently on my mind...

A quick example:

After examining the contents of our kitchen this morning, I'm concerned about what or if my husband's been eating during the week and three days we were apart. I ought to turn off the computer and hasten my buns to the store to remedy the bleak situation that is our pantry/fridge. Consider it done.

Returning to the challenge, I owe it to my blog book (a.k.a myself and family) to revisit in a fast and furious manner our summer vacation to Utah. I'll do my best to keep things interesting (for both our sakes), brief (LOL) and orderly (because I'm anal).

Up first, the pizza party picnic.

No comments: