As of last night, we officially have a garden.

(
pssst... 10 points if you can spot Eliza)
After spending some quality time with the
Blaser's tiller, Andrew planted himself a row of peas; beans will follow next. While pushing the tiller back into the garage, I heard him quietly murmur,
"That there is a beautiful plot of dirt."
(Eliza spilled applesauce on her pants 10 minutes before going outside. That's why she is mismatched. As for her hair, I have no excuse.)
Working his suburbia plot of land brings him great joy. I appreciate nature, but he seems to be connected to it. Either I'm right about that or I'm over excited for tonight's episode of Lost. You see, I have been reflecting about John Locke's bond to the "island," wondering what Ben's true motives are and imagining how Jack will reemerge as a leader/hero (because he totally will). If you have no idea what I'm referencing, I recommend you do something to change that.

Meanwhile, last night, Eliza engaged in some serious business involving side walk chalk. I was "blown away" by my little girls artistic ability. What Mother hasn't been, right? . Check out this picture. Knowing what you know about Miss Eliza, can you decipher what the blue image is?

I was so proud, that I captured her introducing each engine. It must be noted, that if you do hear the sound of gas being passed, you're not making it up. And it was totally courtesy of our Eliza. I'm not making that up either.
10 comments:
"That there is a beautiful plot of dirt." I smell artistic licence. Not that it is something I wouldn't say.
That is some seriously red dirt you've got there. You can have a Moab vacation every time you weed. (You're more excited now, aren't you???)
I'm seriously impressed with Eliza's artistic ability! I totally got it was Thomas!
Oh come on love, you totally said that. I didn't exaggerate one spec!
Keers,
That dirt is a monster to try and remove from clothing. I need to be wearing a jumpsuit when I weed.
Marsh Mayhem(er),
Thanks for giving Eliza her props!
Yea, I can totally see Andrew saying that. Awesome. I also, surprisingly, guessed that it was Thomas. And, I did hear the "rumble" coming from her small caboose. Too funny!
Oh, and props to you for having your toe nails painted too. Love the red.
We love Thomas at our house. Way to go Eliza! And she described them so carefully. What a smartie!
If there is one blog in the world that could re-motivate Lynsie and I to blog again, it would have to be this one. I actually read every word. I may be your biggest blog fan.
I think Dave and I are green with envy! How great to have your own land and to be able to grow a garden! Andrew is definitely in his element - you guys are so amazing and we miss you!
Post a Comment