Sadly, his brain is currently occupied with all things work and when it's not, it prefers to be dancing in the clouds with giant visions of chicken coops and manure enriched gardening soil... so the odds of him accepting my invitation are slim.
Off I go.
Our community held an Easter Egg hunt that I was determined to attend. I feel my children have had the short end of the stick as I've been coping with my daily supply of nausea (not whining... I'm a grateful expectant mother... just sharing the facts).
Arriving early provided us with the time to participate in the other thrilling activities before the Easter egg hunt which included: a 'scenic' ride aboard Thomas the Train, face painting, the petting zoo, the bounce house, etc. Like I said... it.was.thrilling.The kids loved it and that's what mattered.
Finally, it was time to congregate with their age group (Toddlers - 3 yrs) for the highly anticipated Easter Egg hunt.Cue Eliza.
"I have to go to the BATHROOM!"Andrew and I realize that she hasn't gone since the night before. Seriously, her bladder should be entered into a Guinness Book of World Record's competition. She held it for another 40 + minutes.
The wait was a long one as the myriad of children made their way to their assigned soccer field. Henry was thrilled when we finally arrived at our sideline. He was ready to GO until we told him he had to wait for the official horn. So he cried.
Featured above is a small sampling of the attending crowd. All four soccer fields were lined with eager children waiting to collect as many tootsie rolls, I mean colorful eggs, that their baskets could carry. Eliza, being one of the oldest on our field, did quite well. Feeling guilty, we shared her loot with a sad little girl who, in a moment of sheer toddler rebellion, chose not to participate leaving her basket empty.
The children and I utilized Andrew's presence the remainder of our weekend. Eliza melted his heart when she told him that she likes to do all the things that he likes to do. My heart soared when he shared his testimony on Sunday (a rare but powerful moment). That night, we made a deal that if he would cook dinner (I don't like raw meat), I'd make cookies. Sadly, I didn't taste much of either as my stomach requested a bland bowl of Cheerios and a tangerine in their place.I called my Mom three times on Sunday if that's any indication of how badly I need to see her. She called me on her way to work this morning if you're wondering if she feels the same.
Eliza acquired a nasty, nasty bruise on her rear end after falling off her Dad's back and onto a toy. After she calmed down enough to speak she said,
"I need to tell so many people, Mom" - those in my calling circle aren't surprised to get a call detailing her latest dramas. The best part came when her live audience arrived in the form of our home teacher (who I think is so thoughtful and great.)
"Do you want to see it?" She asked him.
"NO ELIZA!" Don't worry, he was spared the site of her bum. He probably will never see this blog, but I have to say that his visit was truly a blessing to us last night. I get all teary thinking about his kindness.
Have a good week, friends.
2 comments:
Oh hon, I hope the nausea subsides, soon! Let me know if you need anything!
And I've never taken my kids to that easter egg hunt thingy. I've always been too scared since I heard it was massive!
I didn't know you were expecting:) How fun when are you due? I am excited for our ward easter egg hunt this year. I think linc will appreciate looking for eggs filled with candy now:)
Post a Comment