Monday, March 1, 2010

the Sunday afternoon nap

What's the best part of having nine o'clock Church? At our house, we look forward to an afternoon of quality napping. If you had peeked into our house yesterday around 2:00 p.m., you would have found three slumbering heaps. Henry happily welcomed a reunion with his crib. I drifted off while reading a book in my own bed while Mr. Flegal found an inviting patch of sun on the living room carpet and fell asleep. A few feet away, Miss Eliza sat at the kitchen table totally enthralled with her new digital art studio (her reward for trying new foods - more on that later).

Waking up, Andrew noticed Eliza sitting perfectly still; with her chin resting on the table. It wasn't long until he realized that she too had succumbed to her own piece of exhaustion.


Please note: Eliza had written the word "DAD" on the computer before she fell asleep. She's been writing up a storm as of late.
I'm sure one photo would have been sufficient, but I couldn't help myself. Each one makes me laugh.

10 comments:

jamie t. said...

That is so sweet! I don't think my girls have ever done that.

Teresa McCormack Flegal said...

after talking to you yesterday I'll bet I've checked my computer 5 times hoping you had posted the infamous pictures... Thank you... Thank you.. I miss you always but yesterday was a hard one..

HAYHAY said...

How funny and adorable... she must have been pretty wiped out to sleep like that!

Ami said...

'Eliza Stories' never disappoint! I'm amazed she slept like that, without falling onto the floor. (By the way, her hair is looks so pretty!)

Mike Flegal said...

Thanks for the entertainment. I am sitting in the Lobby of my hotel patiently waiting to check in (probly not going to happen until like 4pm)(oh and yes its currently 9am) So I took this chance to catch myself up on your blog. DANG your kids are just looking cuter and cuter and I must say without being the impartial brother in law, that you are the funniest person I read. I hope people arent starring as I laughed and laughed at your fun stories!

Michelle said...

That is so cute. If my boys ever settled down enough to do that, I would be shocked!

Eliza is a smarty. It's funny because Talon will write his name, mom, dad, and then of course he has to write Eliza and Henry (He doesn't even try colby or nate.) That's about it though. He is just barely mastering the ABC's and Iknow Eliza has know hers forever!

By the way, I am waiting on an update about the Bachelor last night. Any word on Vienna?

Jen Bowen said...

Thanks for the laugh. I needed one today.

Audra said...

So cute! I love her hair, she is looking so grown-up! I can't believe she would sleep like that!

Christi said...

HOW FUNNY! What a cute girl!

BnK said...

Oh, funny. That reminds me of Brent. I'll post about it. :)