"Mom! It's. My. Birthday!"
"...party." I finished for her.
"Say it, Mom!" I was caught off guard. Looking up from decorating her cake I say,
"Happy Birthday?"
"No, Mom. Say Happy Birthday to Eliza!" Mustering up the enthusiasm of a cheer leading squad fueled up on Red Bull, I exclaimed:
The morning was spent preparing for the arrival of her guests. Henry was put down to rest early and thankfully, his body was ready for that nap. He snoozed while we played with bubbles outside, sang to the birthday girl, delved into the refreshment and watched as she whipped through the wrapping paper at ludicrous speed!
Her friends know her well:- art supplies for the sidewalk
- a writing tablet for her to practice her letters and numbers (that was the first to be used)
- crafts
- a painting project (she wanted to leave the pool early to get started)
- dress-ups
- A My Little Pony
And finally, it was time to head over to the neighborhood pool. Despite our "reservation," the current occupants, most of whom were sunbathing, had no idea we were coming! (!!!!!!!!)
Thanks to my morning trip to the Dollar store, we were armed with water/squirt launchers, noodles and inner tubes. No one was immune from getting wet. The parents were great sports. I think everyone enjoyed themselves.
6 comments:
Cute cake Ali! Happy birthday Eliza! Can't wait to see you all soon!
I want to make a cake just like that for our next scout cake aution. What a beauty! And the "Fun Mom of the Year" award goes to Ali Flegal. Wahoo!
Yeah...Looks like the party was a success! (I love the cake!)
Great Party! Talon had so much fun! I thought the whole thing was a giant success. Cake, Presents, games, swimming, everything. Well done!
Sorry I took off right after and had the fundraiser on my mind. I hope I wasn't a bump on the log.
Happy Birthday Eliza! How lucky that you already have access to a pool. We can't wait for that day.
For some strange reason, Eliza's birthday cake reminds me of preschool with Karen Green. Strange I know. It's a way cute cake and it sounds like everything was a success! I love reading your blog-always something entertaining to read:)
Post a Comment