Father's Day dinner at Nanna Teresa's and Bubbaswith our favorites, Uncle Brent and Aunt Katie
and the dearly loved, Grandma "Popcorn"
We spent an evening at Grandma Flegal's (a.k.a. Grandma Popcorn's) house. Her roses were in full bloom and looked oh so lovely. Sitting in her living room I thought back to when we first moved into her basement. Eliza was seven weeks old at the time. Henry "came home" to that special place from the hospital. Four months after his arrival a moving truck came and hauled our belongings to South Carolina. Henry has since passed the age Eliza was when we made our big move.
FLASHBACK!!! Summer 2008

We love our grandparents!! Sure, having a nearby babysitter is great... especially when anticipating the birth of a new child. For the record, I don't have plan A (or B or C) set in place for when I go into labor with our upcoming arrival. Aye, Aye, AYE!!!More than the convenience of family, it's the way they watch your children as they play. The adoration they hold for our kids is like no other. Thank you for loving, tolerating, missing, spoiling and teaching our kids.
I'd like to conclude my Salt Lake City love fest with a few more collages detailing a few other highlights.
Oh my dear friends... how I love these ladies.
I felt lucky to participate in the play dates, lunch and dinner's out and phone conversations. Flying home I felt regret for the friend's I missed seeing... Tami, Nauvoo Hogs, Keersten, Emily, Whitney, insert YOUR name here, please forgive me.Time with the kid's cousins at Tyler's birthday party, the zoo and Nana Marie's are all fun memories.
I went to the temple twice. The first was to walk the grounds with my children.
The second was to serve in the temple with my brother Matt. Driving there, we talked about his amazing fortune in finding his bride to be and how happy they'll make each other. I went out to lunch with the future Allison Mays (funny we share a name, right?) and left wishing that she and I had an opportunity to do that weekly AND that I had closer access to Barbacoa.The "big outings" were great. But looking back, it's the little ones that mean the most.
I now return this blog to it's regularly scheduled programming.
8 comments:
I also wish I saw you weekly. But so glad I got to see you when you were here! Thanks for the shout out:)
Can I tell you how excited I was to read that your brother is marrying a girl whose name is a sibling name? Boy has the same name as one of my brothers and I have been beating my head against a coconut trying to find anybody else I know who has such situation in their family (ie: spouse shares name with sibling-in-law). This totally inspires hope in me!
Can't help with getting your family closer to you but I've got a EASY recipe to make barbacoa. Send me an email or comment on my blog if you're interested and I'll send it to you. I've got less than 3 weeks til I'm due and still need to finalize plans for a babysitter. You're in better shape than me.
oh the nauvoo hogs miss you too ;) i want to meet up when you are there next!!!
You're always super busy when you come home, but I don't blame you. You're popular and everyone wants to see you. Maybe in September all the Hogs can get together!!!
If you're up for guests Erik and I could come and stay one Friday or Saturday night so you could have an Eclipse date night. Let me know if you're interested.
What happened? Who are those children? When did Henry get a full set of teeth? When did Eliza start looking like an eight year old? And how did I not know you were in town? (I inserted my name at the part where you said you missed friends you did not see). Congrats on the pregnancy! So exciting - I can't believe you'll have THREE children! You look fabulous!
You should have cropped that picture! P.S. Can you e-mail it to me so I can crop it? I love you Ali!
Post a Comment