Sunday, December 28, 2014

Eliza goes to Disneyland! (and then blogs about it!)

I'm so excited to introduce you to a very special writer: Eliza Grace Flegal! She will be making her blogging debut today as she recaps a most exciting adventure she had to California! Here she is:

Hello,people! Once upon a time a girl went to... wait! That is wrong!  It all started when we were driving up to Nana Teresa's and Bubba's  home. My family was jumping up and down because  they were so  excited for me to leave.Ah!!!!! I AM LYING AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry. It was me jumping up and down.As soon as we got there,we said our good~byes,then left. I had permission to use the computer, so I played until my cousin Syrelle arived.We started to snooze so we would be hyper enough for the big,huge,giant day. 

Yawn .Okay.Wait where were we?Oh right,the plane.Me and Syrelle woke bright and early.We walked down the hallway to the kitchen where we ate breakfast.After a nice meal of '' Apple Jacks'' Burp sorry that was me.
 Where were we? Oh right,after we ate our breakfast, me and my cousin went online and watched videos about Disneyland rides. We quickly decided the rides that we should ride  and the rides we would not ride.My fingers are about to fall off from typing.Sorry . Back to the post. Here was our list of rides we HAD to ride.1.California Screaming 2.Tower Of  Terror.I know it is short , but we were going to ride the rides over and over again.Finally , it was time to go to the airport. we drove for about 15 minutes to get to the air port. Once we were there, we got out of the car. We did all of the stupid things we had to do at the airport. Then we went to the bathroom and waited for the thingy to call our row to go on the plane.Once our row got called,we walked onto the plane.

We went to find a good row.Then we saw a row that had a great view and comfy seats. Once we sat down ,we made our selves at home.I read my book and ate some treats that I  had packed. It took about 30 minutes for the plane to start rolling.It took about 30 more minutes for the plane to start flying.It felt so cool to just be up in the air like that.The plane ride was about 3 hours long .So I had packed some things to do .       1. a really good book 2.a new note book to doodle in crayons,markers, and pencils.4.yummy yummy snacks to eat.I got to use all of these things at least 5 times.There were TV's on the back of the chairs,but they had know head phones.Bubba brought 2 pairs of headphones, but Syrelle got to use them .As soon as the plane landed,we were of to the hotel.[ kind of]

After we got of the plane, we went to the baggage claim. We waited for our bags to come out for10 minutes.Then we went to a car rental place.We rented a black,shiny,small car with 5 seats.2 in the front and 3 in the back.Then we headed to the hotel.We arived at the Ayres Hotel at about 4:00. We explored the hotel for 30 minutes then started to decide where we should eat dinner. At 5:00,we decided to go to Carl's Jr. for dinner. We came back at 5:45.We watched some TV to kill some time. At 7:05 our Uncle Mike arived. Me and Syrelle were really hyper, plus Mikey had not eaten dinner. So he took us on a walk to get dinner. Me and Syrelle were running, dancing, and yelling .We walked to ''Subway'' and  that is where Mikey ate dinner. Syrelle was so hyper that she went to the soda fountain,pressed the button for ice,caught the ice with her hands, and through the ice at me .She laughed so hard that she ran to the garbage can and threw up !  Mikey got us free ice water last minute.Me and Syrelle were really hyper so we needed to run outside,but since we had water in our hands,we could not run! Syrelle and I drank all the water really fast,and put the cup in the garbage can.Uncle fail! Me and Syrelle were still hyper,so Mike took us to go night swim and he would eat his sandwich by the pool.We swam for 2 hours then went  back to our room and fell asleep.


Okay. My mind is farting.Where were we?The last time I was writing this was on December 24, 2014  .But it is December 27, 2014. Oh, right.To the beach! We [by ''we'', I mean Syrelle and I.]woke up at 7:06 and quietly watched TV while the adults slept in. At 8:00,we went downstairs to eat breakfast and get our wiggles out. Then we went back up to our room,and were surprised that Nanna was waiting in our room . [ I think. I may be wrong ] Everyone got ready for the beach.Sunscreen,towels, and snacks . We hopped into the car , super excited for THE BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had not gone far when Nanna said we all needed to have a ''cool treat'' for the beach.Before you know it, we had stopped at 7 eleven for slushies. We ate are treats in peace until we had gotten to...
drum roll please... THE BEACH ! We ran out of the car and  headed to the water.The waves were really big so there were lots of surfers. I ran to the water and stood there for awhile until a giant wave wiped me out . I was under water for 6 seconds, and I couldn't see a thing. I went  back to recover from  the wave . after the wave incident , I went to look for for shells . I had collected  about 153 shells. After the beach, we went to go wash off. Everyone was freezing from the water, but me and Syrelle  were the coldest because the boys had shirts and Nanna had a cover up. We  stopped for lunner, A. k. a. , lunch and dinner.  Everyone said we should go to Chick ~ fa ~ lay ,so there we went . At Chick~ fa~ lay, the air thingy was REALLY cold, so me and Syrelle were practically dying. After Chick~fa~lay,we went to our hotel to relax and chillax  in the hot tub .We stayed in the pool for the rest of the day, then went in our  room, watch cartoons for 1 hour, then fell asleep.


EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was me pulling out my hair. Because I love love love love that place. Okay. Pull myself together. Deep breaths. Phew. My day started out when Syrelle started to jump on me so I could get up,[ or was that me? ] and get dressed.So I said '' Okay'' . After that, we went down to eat breakfast. Oh my gosh. After that we hopped in the car and was off, off, and away! We waited patiently and calmly [ not ] until we got there.When the car stopped, we got  out to the main entrance. Then we  paid the money so we could get in.The first ride we went on was 'Flyin' Tires'. Now I don't want to waste your time telling about all the rides we went on.Hey,don't you have homework or something you need to do? But I will tell you this. California Screaming was closed ! I am so sad . Sniff sniff.  Um... where were we? My mind has gone blank.We had the time of our lives on all off the rides. At the end of the day, it was time to go get our special stuffed animal,watch the parade, and go home . Of course, I chose Olaf, from 'Frozen' . Syrelle got the lion dude from 'The lion king' . We watched the parade and almost fell asleep because we had such a big day.After the parade,we went to  the world of color where I met a little girl who really liked me and thought I was controlling the waters and the colors.At one point,she started to speak SPANISH to me.Sorry,but all I speak is English and Chinese.[Sorry little girl if you are reading this ]  After the world of colors,we walked to the car. Oh, it felt so good to sit down after all that walking.We stopped at Burger King and grabbed dinner. We ate in the car, then as soon as we got to our room, we fell asleep. 

Nanna and Uncle Mike got on the plane at 7:00,while me, Syrelle,and Bubba lay a snooze. We woke up at 8:45 and the breakfast buffet ends at 9:00. We ran down the stairs in our pajamas to eat.We almost missed it! Phew. After breakfast,we got all packed up, and we went to visit the beach one last time . The air was salty,the sea was warm,and it was perfect.As we said our goodbyes to the beach, we washed, changed, and hit the airport.Bubba brought the rental car back to the place.Our flight was at 2 :00, and it was 12:00. We ate for about an hour because the people we ordered from  took forever. Then the whole waiting for the plane to take off thing takes about 1 hour so our time was used well. The flight back was the same as the flight there.It was about 5:00 when we got back at the airport.I do not know why, but it was really dark. I was so happy to see my mom at the airport . I went back home and was so glad to see my family.Well, that was the end of my amazing adventure. Till next time,
                                                                            Eliza Grace Flegal

One of my favorite photos: Eliza and Syrelle holding hands.
It was reported that they loved, loved, loved being together.
The photo quality isn't great, but Eliza is in the front spot with her head down. 
That's her braid, you see. :)
 All tuckered out!

A few memories from Mom (ali):

When I kissed Eliza "goodbye" at her Nanna Teresa's house, I was a tearful mess! I was so excited for her to have this experience but knew that I would miss her so much (and I did!). Before our "sad" farewell, we had fun packing for the trip together. It added a feeling of joyful anticipation. Eliza made me a list of requests for the types of treats and activities she'd like for the plane. I enjoyed choosing a few of these items and presenting them to her.

Nanna Teresa provided the girls with a few matching Disney outfits and pajamas; which they loved. The biggest highlight came when I surprised her with the seventh book in the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series. She has been longing for this book for months but at her school, the fifth and sixth graders are given higher priority as they are able to check it out before the children in the younger grades. So, thanks to a great price at Costco, I surprised her with her very own copy. She was THRILLED and slightly frustrated that I I told her she couldn't begin to read it until she was at the airport. :)

Other things I want to remember:
  • She put together a scavenger hunt for me before she left. She hid poems around the house with small trinkets to remind me of her. It was both clever and thoughtful. I loved it. 
  • I texted Bubba the morning they were to fly to California. He shared with me that Syrelle and Eliza were at the computer watching Disneyland ride videos on youtube; which increased their level of excitement. 
  • Uncle Mike arrived in California and spoiled Sara and me with photos and videos of the girls. You could see clearly how thrilled they were to be there!
  •  Eliza loved the beach! She has been to the beach many times but doesn't remember very many details so this was kind of a big "first" even though, technically, it wasn't. 
  •  She called me from Disneyland once. During our call, she requested that I please text Nanna Teresa her spelling words as she was nervous about her upcoming test that Thursday. :) I refused her request and told her to forget about school while she was in Disneyland. For the record, she got 100% on her spelling test later that week.
  • Uncle Mike told me how sweet it was to see her cuddle her new souvenir, Olaf, while watching the World of Color show in California Adventure.
  • Picking her up at the SLC airport was very exciting for me too. I couldn't wait to hug her. 
  • As we rode the shuttle back to the car, I was stunned to hear Eliza say that she and Syrelle had been on the lookout for "hot guys" while at the beach and in Disneyland. WHAAAAAAAT??? I had never heard her say "hot guys" before. Ever. That probably won't be the last time those two are on the prowl. Yikes! My response: "YOU ARE TOO LITTLE!"
 Thank you, thank you, thank you Bubba, Nanna Teresa and Mike for giving Eliza and Syrelle this very wonderful memory. She will remember and cherish it forever!

1 comment:

Bubba said...

It was so fun to see how excited they were to be there and enjoy the trip with a favorite cousin.