While waiting in line at a local drive-thru, Eliza noticed the orange Chevy avalanche (a.k.a. big huge truck) in front of us.
"Wow!" she gasped. "Can we get one of those for our garage, Mom?" She asked. Laughing, I say,
"You want one of those?"

"Yes! Maybe Daddy can ask for one for Christmas!"
Coloring with markers is what I'd like to call a "nap time activity." Eliza knows that we don't use markers when Henry's awake (for obvious reasons); so when she begins asking every five minutes if it's time for Henry to go take his nap, I know she's getting anxious to bust them out.
It isn't long before a swarm of pictures, all dedicated to me, pile up on my lap. The following picture sure made me smile. Please note the red arrow I've added:
(In case you can't tell, we're at a party in that picture, hence the party hats!)
When I asked what the purple circle was for, she responded by saying it was "baby purple grape." Earlier that same day, she'd asked (as she frequently does) how big the baby in my tummy is. I'd told her, that he/she was about the size of a grape this week! Remembering that conversation, she made sure she to include our newest family member. What a thoughtful girl.
Speaking of her artwork, I am going to go ahead and say that preschool this week was awesome. Michelle was the host teacher and did a great job with our Easter theme.
Yesterday, I was assigned to help. Michelle kept them busy! They pieced together their own Easter bags, And finally, to all of my Spring enthusiast friends, I apologize that my blogging header is still a reminder of winter. I'm working on updating it!
7 comments:
What a great idea for the ribbon!
And Eliza is writing her name SO well!
Hey-
I just wanted you to know that I am going private so if you want to keep seeing what we are up to stop by our blog and leave your e-mail address.
-Kelly
Well I'm a little behind, but congratulations on baby #3!!!! That is so exciting! Your are an amazing mother!!!
Your daughter is so smart! I love her! I love that you have a baby grape in your belly!
What a darling family picture Eliza drew. She is quite the artist. We can't wait to see you guys next week. :)
Super cute! She is an awesome littl artist.
I'm super impressed by Eliza's writing, especially in the "grape" picture where she alternates colors for each letter stroke!
Post a Comment