The morning of your second birthday was a busy one. Sadly, our first stop of the day was to the doctor's office. Your dear sibling had a random rash that needed medical attention. The two of you happily played in the 'sick child' waiting room while we waited out the thirty minute delay. We were in a room full of truly sick children. All I could do was pray that my seemingly well kids would be immune from it all. Finally, Nurse Kathy came to collect us.
"Nurse Kathy!" Eliza shouted, "I have a radish!" (she meant to say rash, but it was pretty funny to hear her say radish, so I didn't bother to correct her).
Eliza's warmth toward you continued throughout the day.
1. Blowing out your candles
2. Unwrapping your presents
3. Opening your cards
4. Testing out your new toys
that sits next to yours,
you looked over at her and softly said,
"Hi babe!"
Following our trip to the doctor's, we made our way to Walmart. Nap time was screaming your name when we arrived home. While you slept, Eliza and I made your birthday cake. Don't judge my artistry (or lack thereof), it was my first homemade birthday cake ever.... you have to start somewhere! And then we decorated.

Some special friends arrived for dinner, presents and cake & ice cream. Initially I felt bad about not having planned any games but quickly realized how unnecessary it was. You entertained yourselves well while the adults chatted away.
Henry boy, I love you so!! You've grown so much this past year. Here a few of the things I love about you.
I love the sound of your voice.
I love the way you pat my shoulder when I retrieve you from your crib.
I love the way you unexpectedly tell me that you love me.
I love the way you shadow your sister.
I love the way you try to understand how things work.
I love your reaction when Daddy comes home from work.
I love seeing you laugh with your sister.
I love your sense of humor.
I love that I see so much of your Dad's personality in you.
I love that you let me rock you everyday post-nap and pre-bedtime.
I love that you're such a great eater.
I love that you're going to let me potty train you this summer :)
You have an easy going, friendly nature. Strangers fall in love with you, your family cherishes you and your Mom and Dad thank their lucky stars each night that you were sent to our family. Happy Birthday Henry!
5 comments:
He is SO cute! I love the face he makes while he tries to blow out the candle! Happy Birthday, Henry! And Happy Birthday to you in a few days! I love March birthdays! :)
I love it! What a sweetie. Can you believe how afast these kids are growning?
I love the radish comment... so funny. They are full of life.
So cute! However, I refuse to believe that he is 2. Nope. Not possible.
ohmygoodness! look at his little face when he tries to blow out his candles! what an absolute doll you two have!
Whenever I think kids are so not in my future, I read your blog and oogle over the idea and hope that someday I will get the chance to be a mom. So, bravo to you for making me think differently!
P.S. Happy birthday tomorrow - I do believe we have close birthdays!?
Post a Comment