Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Mildly Bland Outcome

Fortunately, the conclusion of yesterday's predicament has an ordinary ending. The mystery vehicle remained stationed in our driveway, unattended, for nearly four hours. Per a friend's encouragement, I approached the car. Peering into the windows, I heard her ask over the phone,

"Well?" she paused, "Are the doors unlocked?"

"I can't just open a stranger's car door, can I?"

"Sure you can." She encouraged." Someone left it in your driveway." Without further ado, I did as she said and opened the driver's side door.

"It's open!" I told her.

"Check the glove box." She instructed. Bold and smart; I choose my friends well.

"You think?" I hesitated once more.

"Just do it." Sifting through the glove box, I found an envelope. I recognized the name quickly. The car belonged to a family from our Church. The man must have met up with Andrew while I was at the airport. Still, I wondered where Andrew was if he had left home for a second time; but nonetheless... the mystery was solved and I was free to return to my afternoon of pining for my Mother.

I feel the mundane outcome will let down the few of you who expressed moderate to extreme interest. If you'd like, I could conjure up an alternative ending involving the police, a missing vehicle report and an escaped convict on the loose!

Wanting to do my Mother's visit justice, I've added a few more photos for my personal history.

Following our return from the beach, we visited our local zoo,spent an afternoon bouncing around at a nearly empty Monkey Joes,and had dinner with my Mother's older brother and his family.
Henry, Nana, Uncle Mike, Marian, Aidan & Eliza

The McAllister clan live three hours away. For dinner, we opted to meet a the halfway point between our residences. We found ourselves in a relatively small Georgia town. After doing a bit of research, Uncle Mike found authentic Southern BBQ in the form of a restaurant named, Gum Logs BBQ. I'd totally go back.
Check out the similarities between these two. This is Eliza's second cousin, Marian. In person, I think they look like sisters. We're hoping to get together with them again soon. It's fun to think that Eliza & Henry have a pair of cousins on this side of the country.

And finally, Henry is up to 19 lbs. The amazing thing (for him) is that in the last month, he's packed on three pounds!! Here's a video in honor of his weight gain.

6 comments:

A and M's Mom said...

I'm so glad the car turned out to be no big deal.
I know you treasure the limited time you have with your mom. Thank you so much for sharing some of that time with us. I know it meant a lot to my dad, and to me too. Your mom sounds like Grandma to me. I love listening to her talk. I hope we get to see you guys again soon!

Audra said...

That was my first thought, someone picking up Andrew. Yay for Henry, 19 lbs seems light compared to my 25 lb chunk! I still haven't heard from Karina and I need wedding details if I am going to come!

Michelle said...

I'd prefer an alternate ending to your story. If you could get me a draft before Wednesday, I'll read it in the hospital.

Heidi said...

Henry is so stinkin' cute! I'm so glad your mom is able to come visit so often - you are so lucky! My parents go out to Florida at least twice every year to see my sister and I get so jealous, but I'm glad they're able to go. We miss you!

Liz Green said...

Truman got a big kick out of watching the video of Henry. It was like he could understand exactly what he was saying and was talking right back at him. These two sound so alike. We're sure excited to come out and visit with you guys in a couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.