Mothers Day 2009

- Charming husband wakes up at 6:30 a.m. while wife and children continue their slumber, uninterrupted.
- After making his way to a nearby field, he picks wild flowers for the Mother of his monkeys, I mean children.
- He lets his wife sleep in as he shuttles the children downstairs once they awake.
- Inspiration hits as he packs the Sunday diaper bag without waiting to be prodded; a chore that his wife dreads for no good reason.
- Successfully, I braided Eliza's hair in a manner that was incredibly pleasing to me and finally...
- The Church is more true in South Carolina than in Utah. Rather than giving the Mothers a random plant or flower, they present us with a bar of chocolate. How inspired is my Bishop!?
Friday, Andrew had a day off. We took full advantage of our zoo pass. Anything "free" (at this point, at least) we take advantage. Note: wild flowers are free.

- Not much to say other than we were reamed by a rain storm on our way to the car. Andrew and I were soaked, but overall, no harm done.
- I got my baby fix as I accompanied Michelle to her baby's doctor's appointment. He's so so so cute.
- Attended a ward party, played Red rover and Red Light/Green light with the kids... I had a great time. I feel so incredibly "at home" in this ward. Andrew and I belong here.

- As my dear friend, Michelle, recovered in the hospital following her extraordinary delivery, I kept on eye on her two older boys.
- Henry and Colby serve as an example to their older siblings of how friends should play. They're the sweeter pair in the pod system we've got going with the Blaser family. The older two, Eliza & Talon, share a volatile love/hate relationship. With all their passion aside, we had a great time decorating posters for their new brother, keeping occupied with snacks (myself included) and playing with toys.
- I declare that miracles have not ceased. I managed getting the four of them to take a nap simultaneously (*insert applause her).
- A visit from Andrew's sister, Liz and her baby Truman (four days older than Henry!). We love our New Yorkers!
- My first trip away from the kids (ever). I'm heading to Salt Lake to attend my dear friend's wedding. I'll be there a day and a half is all.
- Upon my return, we're heading to visit Andrew's relatives in Ridgeland, South Carolina with his parents and sister.
2 comments:
Oh man, it looks like you guys have had some fun the past few days! I loved seeing all the pictures of your adventures!
Post a Comment