Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Eliza's first day of Kindergarten!

I will (try to) let the pictures do the talking.


Pardon the interruption, but doesn't she look excited?
There wasn't a spec of hesitation or any indication of nerves... on her part.

I replied to a friend's e-mail this morning shortly after returning home from dropping Eliza off. It sums up well the experience of saying goodbye to my sweet Kindergartner.

"My baby went to Kindergarten today!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

She was so brave and excited and PRECIOUS. Oh man. Watch out. This thing called Motherhood will break your heart and make it soar with happiness all at once. It makes me dizzy."

Inspired by Nie Nie's tradition of having a back to school feast, Eliza and Henry decorated foam crowns while I made a "feast" of Eliza's choosing. She asked for breakfast (pancakes, eggs, bacon). Family night also included a Father's blessing from Andrew and a scoop of ice cream. Side note: Last year, Eliza was insistent that Henry and I keep our day void of all things FUN while she was at preschool. This year, her request was a little different.

"Mom, can you make sure that the house is shiny and clean when I come home from school?" Considering the state of my house, I better get going on those dishes in the sink.

I love the expression on Henry's face.
I am proud of her too!

Off you go, Eliza! I love (and miss) you!

4 comments:

Karen said...

You described motherhood perfectly! Happy days for Eliza.

*Jess* said...

I'm so glad she had a great first day!

SJ said...

Ali! She is so big, I can't believe it. How exciting for you. Love you. Miss you.

A and M's Mom said...

So glad Eliza was excited to go to school. I love the ribbons in her hair. Kindergarten is awesome (although after teaching it for 7 years I may be biased).
In further prrof that you and I are related, I almost cried at Marian's preschool orientation.