Monday, August 1, 2011

A little weekend magic

True or false: I had Harry Potter bedsheets in college.

Before falling for Andrew, I was unabashedly enchanted with a boy named Harry. The spell had been cast as I was consumed by the literary magic of the series. Soon after completing the first two books, Andrew and I started dating. Lucky for me, he was supportive of my crazed devotion. November 2001, he took me to see Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's stone {opening day}.

Picking me up at the high school (college boy dating high school girl), I would make the crazy decision to skip out on a mandatory choir rehearsal to go see the movie. Rather than delaying my excitement a moment longer, I would face the wrath of my choral director whom Andrew referred to as, "She who must not be named." Being one of her top aides that year, he was slightly resentful of the amount of time I was required to spend with her. Subsequently, I was kicked out of one of our holiday music numbers for choosing the movie over rehearsal. Fascinating stuff, right?! Ha. Anyway.

10 years later this boy is STILL buying my Harry Potter movie tickets.
We did not make it to a showing over opening weekend as "dropping everything" is more complicated than skipping choir practice. The difference is now, our "everything" looks like this...

10 years later. Who would have thought?!

3 comments:

Allison and Josh said...

haha! I love his nickname for her. I can totally picture her reaction to you doing that. Ah the memories....

jamie t. said...

look what can happen in ten years.... :)

Dave and Lacey said...

You have got an awesome "everything"! Glad you are doing well!