Wednesday, April 25, 2012

When Andrew calls the 'shots'

Date night was left up to the birthday boy last Friday.  Having secured a sitter for the children, I graciously offered to plan the details of our evening. Images of us strolling through City Creek, child free, swirled through my head. I saw ice cream, imagined the whispered conversation, could feel the wind...

"Shooting." He said without a moment's hesitation. "I want to take you shooting."

Gulp.

When I realized that the only alternative would be to spend our evening shopping at Smith and Edwards, I warmed up to the idea. By the time Kim and Dan agreed to come too, I was pretty excited. 

After a thorough tutorial, (Example: RED YOUR DEAD) Dan opened with a word of prayer; blessing that our evening would be void of reckless behavior,

 okay, I am just kidding. But it does look like he's pondering over something serious. 


Andrew and Dan took turns launching clay pigeons into the air. Kim and I looked on in wifey pride as they made direct hit after direct hit. I'll be honest, I was not a fan of the shotgun. It stirred all sorts of adrenaline fueled reaction... The handgun was a better fit for me.

Kim is hard core.
She is ready to blast those clay pigeons into tiny pieces;
while my cheery smile indicates that I am totally up
for a friendly game of ring toss instead.

Dinner at Costa Vida wrapped up a very fun evening.

4 comments:

Teresa McCormack Flegal said...

life with Andrew is never boring... You are a good sport, "Oh shoot" did I just say that! Thanks for loving him and making him smile and giving him such amazing children which broaden the smile .

Teresa McCormack Flegal said...

You can never really guess what Andrew will come up with. But what a sport, "Shoot" did I just say that!
Thanks for making him smile and giving him beautiful, amazing children who help broaden his smile. You make him so very happy, I'm so glad you came into his life. (taken from a song with some changes)... Love you.

BnK said...

you look like a movie star.

jamie t. said...

Sounds like my husbands idea of a good time! You looked like a natural out there. I always smile at the things we do for our men.